Nutritional Therapy uses scientific evidence to achieve optimal health and wellbeing.
Nutritional Therapy practitioners use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances, deficiencies and dysfunction and understand how these may contribute to an individual’s symptoms and health concerns.
Nutritional Therapy is recognised as a complementary medicine and is suitable for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking to support their general health and wellness.
Practitioners consider each individual to be unique and use a personalised approach to nutrition rather than a ‘one size fits all’ approach.
Practitioners do not recommend nutritional therapy as a replacement for medical advice and always refer any client with ‘red flag’ signs or symptoms to their medical professional who they can work alongside if necessary.
Nutritional Therapy can be useful for anyone seeking to:
- Understand how an existing diet and lifestyle may be affecting overall well being
- Address specific symptoms or health concerns
- Implement preventative health measures
- Gain support and motivation towards starting a new healthy lifestyle
What to expect during your Nutrition Consultation:
When you book your consultation you will be sent a food diary and questionnaire to complete. The questionnaire must be returned in advance of your consultation.
I will ask you to complete your food diary for 4 days including a weekend day and bring this with you to our consultation to discuss.
During your consultation I will ask you questions about your health concerns, look at each body system that may be affected, your medical history, family history and any medications you may have been prescribed.
A detailed plan will be sent to you and this will be designed specifically for you to fit in with your lifestyle. The plan may include diet recommendations and advice, recipes and also lifestyle recommendations.
Laboratory testing, NHS available tests or supplements may also be recommended.
Follow-up sessions take place after four to six weeks to discuss progress, make amendments to the plan where necessary and provide further recommendations.
Catherine is our Nutritional Therapist.
All of our therapists are:
- suitably trained,
- fully qualified,
- fully insured,
- members of a relevant professional body.
Book an appointment by calling 020 8520 5268.
- New Year New You, £10 off Nutrition Consultations 11/01/2019
- Managing Arthritic Joint Pain in Winter 08/01/2019
- How to Support your Immune System this Autumn 30/10/2018
- £10 off Your Nutritional Therapy Consultation until 30/11/17 18/10/2017
- Nutritional Therapy now available at Ashlins 02/08/2017
- Summer Fruit Infused Water 21/06/2016
- Delicious Slow Cooker Meals for Autumn 19/11/2015
- In Season Fruit and Veg: November 2015 03/11/2015
- In Season Fruit and Veg: July – Cucumber, Cherries and Nectarines 08/07/2015
- In Season Fruit and Veg: April – Asparagus, New Potatoes & Radishes 07/04/2015
- In Season Fruit & Veg: February. Jerusalem Artichokes, Kohlrabi, Swedes & Rhubarb 02/02/2015
- In Season Fruit & Veg: January. Cauliflower, Celery, Garlic & Pears 06/01/2015
- In Season Fruit and Veg: December. Carrots, Leeks, Clementines & Sweet Potatoes 03/12/2014
- Holistic Health Offer – Free Reflexology with Nutrition Consultation 25/11/2014
- Winter Warmer – Mulled Apple Juice Recipe 07/11/2014
- In Season Fruit and Veg: November 04/11/2014
- Boost Your Immune System with Good Gut Health 17/10/2014
- In Season Fruit and Veg: October – Celeriac, Kale, Sweetcorn and Pumpkin 07/10/2014
- In Season Fruit & Veg: September 02/09/2014
- Easy, Tasty and Healthy Packed Lunches for Work or School 22/08/2014
- In Season Fruit and Veg: August 05/08/2014
- In Season Fruit and Veg: July 02/07/2014
- Stay Healthy on Holiday with our Top Nutrition Tips 01/07/2014
- In Season Fruit and Veg: June 09/06/2014
- Fruit & Veg in Season Now: May 07/05/2014
- Stave off Colds and Flu this Winter – How Vitamin D Could Help 18/10/2013