Tension headaches are very common and have a variety of causes.
They may be caused by tight muscles in your neck, shoulders and head. They can be related to stress, poor posture, dehydration, diet, eye strain and teeth grinding.
It’s important to identify the likely causes of your headache and then treat them appropriately.
We recommend that you speak to your GP if you are suffering with headaches as it is important to rule out more serious health problems.
Book your appointment or free consultation by phoning 020 8520 5268.
What the therapists say:
10 Chinese medicine tips to reduce headaches:
· Avoid coffee and stimulants such as energy drinks.
· Avoid alcoholic drinks
· Avoid excessive external stimulation such as drugs, loud music or stressful and violent videogames, TV programs or films
· Avoid smoking
· Avoid processed foods and those with preservatives and chemicals
· Avoid hormonally treated animal products such as meat and diary products
· Drink plenty of water
· Avoid emotional stress, irritability, anger, frustration or resentment
· Make sure you take time for rest and relaxation every day
· Be positive and laugh
- 5 Ways to Drink More Water 29/03/2016
- Headaches and Migraines – The Chinese Medicine Approach 13/07/2015
- Meet the Team: Q&A with Sally, Acupuncturist 19/05/2015
- Colonic Hydrotherapy – Your Questions Answered 24/02/2015
- Back to Work Bags – How to Carry Everything you Need without Hurting your Back 30/09/2014
- Release Muscle Tension with this Alexander Technique Tip 07/07/2014
- The Ashlins Guide to Detox – Creating a Stronger, Healthier You 29/01/2014