Osteopathy is manual (hands-on) therapy which seeks to restore balance to the body, mostly via the musculoskeletal system.
You Osteopath will use their hands to work on your muscles and joints, reducing tightness and stiffness. They will also work with you to improve your posture and strengthen areas of weakness. Osteopaths believe that this approach helps to improve mobility and reduce pain.
Osteopathy is commonly used to treat back pain, neck pain, sciatica and shoulder pain.
Many people notice an improvement in their symptoms within 2-3 sessions of Osteopathy.
Osteopathy may help with:
- Arthritic pain
- Frozen shoulder/ shoulder and elbow pain/ tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic)
- Joint pains
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core osteoarthritis treatments and exercise
- General, acute & chronic backache, back pain (not arising from injury or accident)
- Generalised aches and pains
- Migraine prevention
- Minor sports injuries
- Muscle spasms
- Tension and inability to relax
- Rheumatic pain
- Uncomplicated mechanical neck pain (as opposed to neck pain following injury i.e. whiplash)
Book your Osteopathy Appointment
Start feeling better today – book your appointment online
Your initial osteopathy consultation will last 1 hour
View our price list for full details.
- Consultation and treatment
- Follow up
- Initial Consultation £85.00
- follow up £59.00
Antonieta de Alba (M.Ost DO ND)
Antonieta is passionate about holistic healthcare and decided to become an osteopath to understand how the body functions as a unit, and to then be able to apply this knowledge to help patients achieve a greater sense of well-being.
Nadia has a keen interest in medical acupuncture (dry needling) and uses it to treat many conditions. She also has a keen interest in headaches, migraines and TMJ along with treating other conditions.
Sarah Oliver (B.Ost.Med, DO ND)
Sarah uses a combination of massage style techniques, gentle mobilisations, manipulations, kinesiology taping, exercise and lifestyle advice to reduce pain and improve mobility. Sarah is qualified to use Niel-Asher Technique for the treatment of shoulder problems.
Blog Posts about Osteopathy
- Unlock Unbeatable Savings This November at Ashlins! 22/11/2023
- When can I Exercise after giving birth? A guide to postnatal exercise 16/09/2023
- Say Goodbye to Low Back Pain: 5 Must-Know Facts 15/07/2023
- What is a disc bulge? 15/05/2023
- What is Sciatica? 07/02/2023
- Must Have Rundown of Frozen Shoulder 10/11/2022
- Back to Work – How to Improve your Work Posture 05/09/2022
- How to Manage your Tension Type Headache 14/06/2022
- Common Types of Headache 24/05/2022
- Running Recovery – Our Expert Tips 18/04/2022
- Osteopath Sarah is returning from maternity leave 24/03/2022
- How to buy an office chair 03/10/2021
- How to Work from Home with Good Posture 04/09/2021
- Look after your Back this Summer. 28/07/2021
- How to Actually Avoid the Top 3 Running Mistakes 03/07/2021
- Experienced Osteopath Nadia Arshad joins the Team 03/07/2021
- Welcome Antonieta 10/06/2021
- Working from home? Here’s how to keep your neck and shoulders feeling great 15/04/2020
- How to Feel Comfortable Working from Home on a Laptop 03/04/2020
- Sponsor Kibri & Sarah to Run the Hackney Half Marathon 27/02/2020
- What are Muscle Energy Techniques (MET)? 16/12/2019
- What is Soft Tissue Release (STR), and How Can it Help? 13/12/2019
- Beginner’s Guide to Low Backs 06/11/2019
- Managing Arthritic Joint Pain in Winter 08/01/2019
- How does Osteopathy help with Sciatic pain? 27/11/2018
- What is Sciatica and What Does it Feel Like? 20/11/2018
- 3 Stretches to try when you have back ache 30/05/2017
- New Video – Meet Sarah, Our Osteopath 09/12/2016
- Spotlight on Osteopathy 27/09/2016
- Back to Work – Office Stretches 11/09/2015
- Back to Work – Check your Desk Set Up & Prevent Neck and Shoulder Pain 03/09/2015
- Meet the Team: Q&A with Sarah, Osteopath 18/03/2015
- Back to Work Bags – How to Carry Everything you Need without Hurting your Back 30/09/2014
- Stretches for Pain Free Flights and Holidays 11/07/2014
- Does Standing give you Back Ache? Our Tips for a Pain Free Summer. 26/06/2013
Website : https://www.ashlins.co.uk
I recently pulled my neck muscle while doing heavy weight training, it was the first time I had a injury while working out which got me worried if my neck was fractured or worse, so I needed someone to check it out. I could not get an appointment to see my GP (no surprise), I called Ashlins to see if they could help. The lovely lady at the phone booked me in for a consultation with the Osteopath same day. I came in and met Dermott Earley. During the consultation, he was very professional and friendly, everything was explained thoroughly. I'm extremely grateful for the time he spent (over an hour with no charge) and would definitely recommend Ashlins to everyone. Thanks!
I have sciatica and I see the osteopath at Ashlins, Sarah Oliver- Excellent!!!! I'd recommend Sarah to everyone. She is friendly, efficient, professional and effective.
I have had the treatment for a few weeks and my problem is getting much better!
Although it was my first treatment I am happy with everything and I can feel positive effects. Sarah, the osteopath, is really good! I booked my next session already!
I came to Ashlins to see Sarah, for osteopathy, I had lower back pain. The treatment made able to move around again. Pretty pain free!
I came to Ashlins because of my leg and knee pain. I saw Sarah for osteopathy, I found her very professional in her work and very dedicated. She explains everything she is going to do and makes you feel relaxed. I am glad I was recommended to Sarah from a neighbour. After this treatment I feel like I'm walking on air, it's well worth the money.
If you have benefited from OsteopathyÂ leave a review.