Here at Ashlins we love being outdoors and making the most of the summer time but we definitely don’t love getting bitten by all the insects.
We’re sure you feel the same way so we’ve compiled our favourite natural ways to repel insects.
Aromatherapist and massage therapist Elizabeth recommends planting insect repelling herbs in your garden.
Try Lavender, Mint and Lemon Balm. Gently crush the leaves to release their natural scent, or rub them onto your skin – particularly your neck and behind your ears.
Elizabeth also suggests this Insect Repelling spray:
- Fill half a spray bottle with distilled or boiled water.
- Add witch hazel almost to the top.
- Finally, add a total of 30 drops of essential oils. try mixing Rosemary, Lavender, Lemongrass and Eucalyptus. Mint and tea tree are also great options.
Claire suggests taking high doses of good quality B vitamins, which should discourage bugs from biting
Receptionist Simone applies Lavender essential oil directly onto a gnat bite to reduce itching.
You could also:
- wear long loose layers to cover your skin,
- burn citronella candles,
- burn essential oils such as lavender, citronella, eucalyptus, tea tree,
- buy a ready made natural repellent.
How do you keep insects away?