Most of us will suffer from back pain or back ache at some point in our lives. Gentle stretching and movement is often beneficial.
Osteopath Sarah Oliver suggests these stretches:
- Knee Hugs
1. Lay flat with your knees straight.
2. Bend both knees and draw them up towards your chest.
3. Clasp your hands round the top of your shin, just below your knees. If your
knees are tender, you can clasp underneath the knees.
4. Take a deep breath in. On the out breath, hug your knee firmly into your chest
and hold for 10 seconds.
5. Release the knees, straighten the leg and relax.
6. Perform this sequence 3 times, once a day.
- Upper Back Stretch
1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
2. Put your hands on your hips.
3. Carefully lean backwards and hold for 10 seconds.
4. Perform 3 times, once a day.
- Gluteal Stretch
1. Sit upright and place your right leg over your left thigh.
2. Gently lean forwards until you can feel a stretch in your right buttock.
3. You may be able to increase the stretching sensation by pushing down on
your right knee.
4. Hold this position for 10 seconds.
5. Repeat on the other side.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 two more times. Perform twice a day.
Thankfully most cases of back pain are relatively short lived. If your back pain doesn’t improve with stretching or is impacting on daily activities, consider seeing an osteopath or chiropractor or speaking to your GP.
Phone 020 8520 5268 to book an appointment.
We’re really excited to be taking part in the 1000 Swifts Over Walthamstow project as part of E17 Art Trail.
A flock of swifts will be descending over E17, creating a trail to the new Walthamstow Wetlands centre. How many will you be able to find?
Come along and admire the swifts in our window at 181 Hoe Street until 18th June.
Follow 1000 Swifts on Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
E17 Arts Trail Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
We have a great offer for you this May!
Kay is offering £5 off:
Reflexology with essential oils
Indian Head Massage with special oils
As a qualified aromatherapist Kay is able to blend oils to suit your needs and boost your well-being.
Combining essential oils with Reflexology or Indian head massage can provide effective relief for a variety of ailments, as well as being very relaxing.
Phone 020 8520 5268 to book your appointment.
T&Cs: Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Offer valid only with Kay Kaur between 01/05/17 to 31/05/17.
Our opening hours over the bank holiday weekend are:
Saturday 29th April: 10-5pm
Sunday 30th April: 11-5pm
Monday 1st May: Closed
Phone us on 020 8520 5268 to book your appointment.
We have recently reviewed our price list and have a small increase on Kinesiology, Chiropody/Podiatry and Posturology prices.
These prices will come in to effect on Monday 1st May 2017.
Our new prices are:
Consultation 1 hour £55
Follow Up 45 min £50
Consultation 45 mins £42
Follow Up 30 min £37
Nail Cutting 30 min £30
Home Visit £45
Diabetic Foot Check 15 mins FREE
Consultation 30 mins £42
Follow Up 30 mins £30
Verruca Needling 1 hour £200
Bespoke Orthotics £300
Semi Bespoke Orthotics £160
Biomechanical Assessment 1 hr £60
Nail Surgery £200
Consultation 1 hour £60
Follow Up 1 hour £50
Postural Orthotics £200
View our full price list.
Phone 020 850 5268 to book your next appointment.
We hope you’re looking forward to Easter weekend and its 2 bank holidays.
Our Easter opening hours are as follows:
Good Friday: Closed
Saturday 15th April: 10-5pm
Easter Sunday: 11-5pm
Easter Monday: Closed
To make an appointment please phone 020 8520 5268.